Frequently Asked Questions
- Which version of XBMC do I need?
- Visual XBMC was developed for XBMC 10 (Dharma), 11 (Eden) and 12 (Frodo).
- What are the necessary settings in XBMC?
- Check the settings page.
- What iOS devices are supported?
- You can run Visual XBMC on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Visual XBMC won't connect. What's wrong?
- This could have multiple causes. A few of the known ones:
- - Visual XBMC can only connect to XBMC if you provide it a password. Make sure you've set one in XBMC and have entered it in the settings
- - Sadly, we cannot handle passwords containing a question mark '?'
We've received some questions from users who did get a successful connection, but saw no data in the various views. After inquiry it turned out they were using an older XBMC version. Updating to a newer version of XBMC resolved their issues. Some people had another application using the tcp-port they thought XBMC was using: be sure it's "free". Also make sure you have enabled 'Library mode' (for video & audio) in XBMC!
Please tweet or mail us if you have any further questions!